Eucalyptus oil is also known as the ”Eucalyptus globulus” its botanical name. This oil can be grouped according to its uses into three classes such as medicinal, industrial, and perfumery oils.
Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, deodorant, and antiseptic qualities among other valuable properties. Because of these qualities it facilitates easy breathing, enhances feelings of relaxation. This oil creates a refreshing feeling when used in massages, also soothes nervous tension, and relaxes the mind.
BENEFITS OF EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL
Eucalyptus essential oil has amazing healing and therapeutic properties. This oil also helps in relieving muscles and joint pain. Some of the key benefits of this pure oil are mentioned below. They are as follows:
Soothes Skin Inflammation:
Eucalyptus oil is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic because of its healing properties. It helps to soothe the itchy skin and skin swelling. It is mostly used for making balms, skin rash creams, massage oils, and ointments.
Muscles & Joint Pain Reliever:
Eucalyptus oil has cooling and relaxing properties that help to calm muscles and joint pain. It is a natural pain reliever that helps reducing pain and calms strained muscles.
Hair Care & Removes Lice:
Eucalyptus oil stimulates hair growth because its naturally nourishing properties can soothe and calms the scalp. It also helps in removing lice and reduces dandruff and promotes growth.
Keeps Bugs Away:
This oil has natural anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. It is a disinfectant oil that helps in eliminating airborne bacteria and other microbes and make home rid of bugs & insects.
Used as a Massage Oil:
Eucalyptus oil is a very effective oil because it revitalizes skin and tired muscles when it is used as a massage oil. It relieves joint pain and rejuvenates sore and strained muscles.
Helps in wound healing:
Eucalyptus oil is an effective disinfectant oil because it has anti-bacterial properties. It helps in treating the wounded area, also used to fight skin inflammation, and promotes wound healing.
Relief in Cold and Cough:
Eucalyptus oil is an antiviral and therapeutic oil that makes it helpful in relieving from congestion. It has a warming and relaxing properties that help in treating cold & cough.
Antiseptic for Minor Cuts & Scrapes:
Eucalyptus oil is an effective disinfectant oil because this oil helps in treating the wounded areas, minor cuts & scrapes, and bee stings and protects from getting infected.
Used in Diffusers:
Eucalyptus oil has a re-freshening and minty aroma that gives peace to the mind. It is used in aromatherapy because it helps reduce mental stress by boosting and rejuvenating the spirit.
Natural Pain Reliever:
Eucalyptus oil is a natural pain reliever because it helps in reducing pain and calms strained muscles. It also helps in soothing muscle tension and reduces spasms to revive painful joints.
This oil has therapeutic properties that help in maintaining hygiene. It is used in a therapeutic bath because it calms the body & mind and relaxes stressed nerves.
HOW TO USE
- Add this oil to some carrier oil and apply on the chest and rub to get relief from cold & cough.
- Mix a few drops of the oil with a suitable carrier oil to apply on the scalp and gently massage to get nourished and shining hair.
- Add a few drops of the oil to a water spray bottle and spray because it helps to get rid of harmful bacteria, insects & bugs.
- Add a few drops of the oil into some massage oil to a massage for relieving muscles and joint pain.
- Dilute this oil in warm water for a relaxing therapeutic bath because it calms stressed nerves and revives the spirit.
- Add a few drops of oil in diffusers because it makes the surroundings aromatic with the calming and refreshing fragrance of eucalyptus oil.
- Add a few drops in hair oil or shampoo and wash your hair thoroughly because it helps to reduce hair dandruff and removes lice.
- It is used in aromatherapy because of its cooling and rejuvenating fragrance that enhances mood and calms nerve cells.
- Dilute with a suitable carrier oil and apply because it revitalizes the skin and reduces anti-aging and acne.
- Apply this oil on the affected area because it gives relief from cuts and burns because it helps it healing quickly.